Control Compliance Suite Reporting & Analytics client fails to connect to the Control Compliance Suite Server on port 3990
Any of the following conditions may apply:
Perform the following checks:
Verify BindView.AALService.exe service is present and running on target CCS server.
1. On the CCS Server, click Start | Run, then type services.msc.
2. Locate the CCS Server Service.
3. Start the service if it is stopped, then attempt to connect again with the Reporting & Analytics client.
Verify listening port of BindView.AALService.exe by obtaining this service's Process Identification (PID) via Windows Task Manager. Use NETSTAT and FIND to check the port.
1. On the CCS Server, open Task Manager.
2. In the list, locate the BindView.AALService.exe service. Make note of the process ID (PID) for t he BindView.AALService.exe service.
3. Click Start | Run, then type "cmd" without the quotes. Press Enter.
4.. At the command prompt, type NETSTAT -anov | FIND "2672"
5. If the following results appear, then the port is listening:
Verify connectivity via TELNET between the Reporting & Analytics client and the CCS Server to determine if a firewall is the issue.
1. On the Reporting & Analytics client, click Start | Run, then type TELNET [Insert SMC Server Name here without brackets] 3991
2. Telnet will attempt to connect. A firewall may not be configured to allow access if the following message appears:
3. Contact a network or firewall administrator to allow bidirectional communication between the Reporting & Analytics client and the CCS Server across port 3991.