How to enable RMS Console Logging?
WARNING: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
To enable logging in the RMS Console v.8.0 and higher:
1. Close the RMS Console on the Bindview Information Server (BVIS).
2. Click Start > Run, then type regedit on the BVIS.
3. Create the same "loglevel" key and value for all of the following registry keys:
4. Before getting the new logs, delete any existing entries in the Program Files\Symantec\RMS\Log directory
5. Reproduce the error.
6. Modify the loglevel key data value for each to 0 to disable logging after duplicating the error.
7. Zip the logs in the \Log directory, then send them to the Symantec Support Representative requesting the logs.