When trying to install AClient using the Remote Agent Installer utility, one of the following errors are returned:
1) An error occurred launching AClient.exe. Windows reported "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."2) The interface is unknown. 3) No network provider accepted the given network path.
Possible causes for error messages:
1) The domain name is case sensitive.
2) Port 402 is being blocked.
3) Simple File Sharing is enabled.
4) Firewall enabled on client machine. Virus protection software can also cause similar problems.
1) Try specifying the domain name in all capital letters.
3) Open My Computer and click on Folder options > View from the Tools pull-down menu. Scroll to the bottom of the list and uncheck the option Use simple file sharing (for Windows* XP clients).
4) Disable client computer Firewall and Virus Protection.
For ALL problems with Remote Agent Installer, test the following:
A. Test For Network Accessability
B. Local Security Policy
C. Test For Local C$ Access
D. Test For Remote C$ Access
E. Test For Registry Entry Creation Rights
F. Test for Remote Services Access
If all tests complete without errors, the Remote Agent Installer should have no problems pushing the aclient the remote client computer.
Deployment Solution 6.1 through 6.9