Symantec strives to continuously bring useful and new technology to market to keep your networks secure. It is our goal to provide the best service and support to all Security Analytics customers, and to be clear and upfront about transitions in our products’ lifecycles, so you can plan and budget accordingly.
This policy applies to the following Security Analytics (formerly Solera Networks) hardware.
– Solera Networks DeepSee Gen 5 (Blue Coat Security Analytics Gen 5) Appliance and Storage Hardware (DSA-…)
– Blue Coat (Symantec) Security Analytics Gen 6 Appliance Hardware (SA-…-G6)
All prior Solera Networks appliance products have reached EOL. Current Security Analytics appliance products (SA-S500-…, SA-J5300-…, SA-E5660-…) are covered by the general Network Protection EOL Policy.
For products covered by the Security Analytics Hardware EOL Policy as outlined above:
– Symantec will provide three (3) months’ notice prior to a hardware product’s End of Sale (EOS), at which time the product will no longer be available for order.
– Symantec will deliver product support for a period of three (3) years following original purchase, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product.
– Software will be supported according to the applicable Software EOL Policy. In addition, the last minor release available on the hardware platform before EOS will continue to be supported for the duration of the hardware EOL support. Software support may include bug fixes, maintenance releases, work-arounds, and patches for critical bugs.
– Hardware replacement or replacement parts will be available for three (3) years following the original purchase date, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product. At Symantec’s discretion, hardware may be replaced with similar or equivalent product.
– Support contracts may be renewed up to the EOL date, which is three years from the date of original purchase.
This policy applies to Symantec (Blue Coat) Security Analytics version 7.x software. Prior versions of the software (under the Solera Networks DeepSee name) have reached EOL. Subsequent versions of Security Analytics (version 8.0 and beyond) will be covered by a separate policy.
– Symantec will provide support for current and two previous major or minor releases of software, or twelve (12) months after each major or minor release, whichever is greater.
– For example, if the previous three major and minor releases were version 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0, support will be provided for all three. In this case, if version 1.4 had been released less than twelve (12) months prior to the current date, support for that version will also be available.
– Software support includes bug fixes, maintenance releases, work-arounds, and patches for critical bugs.
– Software support for versions older than the two most recent software versions will be limited to critical security vulnerabilities. Critical security vulnerabilities are defined as software vulnerabilities with a Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVVS) v3.0 score of 8.0 or greater.
– A product must be covered on a valid, paid support contract to receive support. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the EOL cycle, but cannot lapse during this time and be re-instated later.
End-of-Life (EOL) Policy – The policy covering End-of-Sale (EOS) announcement through EOL for a product.
End of Life (EOL) – The last day that a product will be supported by Symantec.
End of Sale (EOS) – The last day that a product will be available for order from Symantec.
Major Release – Each Security Analytics release includes three numbers (x.y.z). The “x” represents a major release.
Minor release: – The “y” in the x.y.z nomenclature above represents a minor feature release.
Maintenance release: – The “z” in the x.y.z nomenclature above represents a maintenance release.