The following information has been extracted from the ITA 6.1 Help Guide, and placed into a logical list without additional explanation comments.
ITA 6.1 Help Guide (pages 26-30):
1. Via SQL Server Management Studio, connect to SQL Analysis Services instance, as this is where the IT Analytics database is found.
2. Ensure that the AppId is a Local Administrator on the machine that is running the SQL Analysis Services instance.
3. Ensure that the AppId is a member of the SQL Analysis Services instance’s Server Role.
4. Confirm that the IT Analytics database has been created.
5. Ensure that the AppId is in a Role in the IT Analytics database that has administrative privileges to the database.
6. Either use the default “IT Analytics Users” Role or create a new Role within the Security Tab of the Cube Setup page, located in the Configuration tab of the Altiris Console. Either add users or groups to this Role.
7. This Role will also be created within the IT Analytics database Role folder (You can also create a Role here which will be reflected in the Cube Setup page afterwards). Ensure that it has the Read Definition database permission selected.
8. In Internet Explorer, access the following URL with an account that has administrative rights to the Reporting Services instance: http://servername/Reports
9. Add the “IT Analytics Users” Role to the IT Analytics folder via the New Role Assignment feature, and assign it the Browser Role.
10. Either choose the default “IT Analytics Users” Role or create a new Role within the NS’s Security Roles page, and assign this Role the “View IT Analytics Tab” privilege.
11. Select one or more of the four privileges within the “IT Analytics privileges” section.
12. Access the IT Analytics Tab from the Altiris Console, and add this Role to the IT Analytics folder, giving it the System Read permission and then select the “Replace permissions on all child objects” option.
13. Pages 31 & 32 contain some advanced security options.