The following instructions use Roxio software for illustration purposes. The actual steps you perform may differ.
1. Make sure PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Windows and Roxio Easy Media Creator or Roxio Easy CD Creator
(or other software that can create a CD from an ISO image) are installed on your system.
2. Open Roxio Easy Media Creator or Roxio Easy CD Creator and choose to create a Data CD Project.
3. Select File > Record CD from CD Image.
4. From the Files of Type menu, select ISO Image Files (ISO).
5. Navigate to the PGP directory. The default location is C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\.
6. Select bootg.iso and click Open.
7. Insert a blank, recordable CD into a CD drive on your system.
8. On the Record CD Setup screen, click Start Recording.
9. When the file is burned to the CD, click OK.
10. Remove the recovery CD from the drive and label it appropriately.
Important Note: PGP WDE recovery disks are compatible only with the version of PGP Whole Disk Encryption that created the recovery CD.
For example, if you attempt to use a 9.0.x recovery disk to decrypt a disk protected with PGP WDE 9.7 software,
it will render the PGP WDE 9.7 disk inoperable.