In order to move the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager SQL Database (DB), please follow the steps as outlined below.
- Detach the Database in question from the Existing Database in SQL 2000 via the "SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager."
Note: If using SQL 2005, the "SQL Server Management Studio".
- After the Database is detached, navigate to the appropriate data folder where the existing SQL server data files are stored.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\xxxx\DATA
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\DATA.
- Copy the following database files to the data folder for the new server housing the new SQL DB
- On the server where you want to move the existing SQL DB to, Right click on the Database instance, and click on Tasks>All Tasks> Attach Database.
- Type the path to the <db_name.MDF> file, and the wizard will automatically pick up the other files. (.NDF and .LDF)
- Click OK. The wizard will automatically collate and attach the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console database to the new SQL Database.
- Create a new sem5 account in your new SQL server with "default database" of sem5, and "default language" of English
- Add user sem5 to system login, for example, the original database name is sem5, the username is sem5, you need to add user sem5 to system login and set the new password, and run "exec sp_change_users_login 'AUTO_FIX','sem5'"
- Once complete, Run the "Management Server Configuration Wizard" and point the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to the new server housing the newly attached Database.
- In the Database Server name tab, type in the <HostName> of the new server, fill in the remaining required details and complete the configuration wizard.