Software Updates are displayed in 'Scheduled' status on the Software Updates Tab on a daily basis.
The update passes by the Software Update Cycle and displays the next Update Cycle time to install the update; however, this time is passed over and over and the update never installs.
The following have been confirmed as being causes for this behavior:
Work through the following as these resolutions as their numbers coincide with causes listed above:
1. Ensure the client has been rebooted.
2. Work through the following process on the Client:
3. Process to clear hung tasks outlined on TECH144662.
4. Configure the DSUP Settings so the Start Date is the date of execution and the End Date for the following day when the end time is midnight or later; otherwise, set the end time for 11:59pm if the same End Date is necessary:
5. Configure the Reinstallation attempts after task failure with a higher count than that which has failed on the DSUP as seein the image above, and the Software Update Cycle will install the updates or throw the corresponding error as to why they initially failed leading to the excess of that count.
Patch Management 7.5.x, 7.6.x and 8.0.x