To import a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client package into the manager:
- Log into the SEPM Console
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select Install Packages.
- Click Add Client Install Package from the Tasks menu.
- On the Add Client Install Package dialog:
- Provide a descriptive name for the installation package in the Specify a name for this package text box (i.e. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU5 Mac Client)
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the installation package folder (i.e. SEPM\Packages\ from the Part 1 installation media)
- Select the .info file associated with the installation package (i.e. SAV32.info, SAV64.info, SEP_MAC.info)
- Click Select.
- Optionally, provide a description of the package in the Description field.
- Click OK to start the import process.
- After a successful import, a status window will be displayed.
- Click Close to exit the Creating Package dialog.
After a successful import, a "Package is created" event will be logged into the System/Administrative logs. Details will describe this new package with text similar to "Successfully imported the SEP 12.1 RU5 32-bit package via Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. This package is now available for deployment."
- This process will not work with the SEPM web console. It can only import packages that were exported in the .ZIP file format. It will not import a .INFO file format package, it's not supported for web console. The web console can only import or export a single file.
- It is possible to import an executable package (i.e. .EXE or .ZIP file packages) directly, but this is not recommended. The .INFO file contains extra information that describes the package and ensures proper migration to future builds of the SEP client via delta updates.