This article provides information and descriptions about the Symantec VIP Services Status page
- Authenticator Provisioning Service - Receives and processes requests for secure dynamic provisioning of new software-based VIP authenticators in the VIP Service.
- Authenticator Validation and Management APIs - APIs for validating, managing, and querying individual VIP and out-of-band authenticators, and allow out-of-band verification of transactions.
- User Validation and Management APIs - APIs for authenticating, managing, and querying VIP users with one or more VIP authenticators or out-of-band authentication mechanisms that are associated with them.
- User Authentication SAML Service - Multi-page UI to enable strong user authentication using secure industry-standard federation protocols with common web applications that support federated identities.
- VIP Manager - Central cloud console where administrators modify VIP account settings, set security and access policy configurations, add or remove VIP users and authenticators, and manage other administrators.
- Reporting API - API for Relying Party access to significant VIP audit records. Symantec maintains audit records on a transaction-by-transaction basis in multiple media according to the sensitivity of the event. Audit trails are accessible through the API for all user management, query, and authentication transactions.
- VIP Self-Service Portal - Portal for end users to register and manage their VIP and out-of-band authenticators and to request a temporary access code.
- My VIP – Next-generation VIP self-service portal where VIP users register and manage their VIP and out-of-band authenticators.
- VIP Retail Website – Public website to access information about Symantec VIP, download VIP software, and test a VIP authenticator.
- SMS Delivery Service - Out-of-band service for delivering one-time security codes (OTP) by SMS. A third-party vendor provides alerts that are associated with this service.
- Voice Delivery Service - Out-of-band service for delivering one-time security codes (OTP) by a voice call. Third-party vendors provide alerts that are associated with this service.
- Mobile Push Delivery Service - Service for delivering PUSH requests to mobile devices for authentication. Third-party vendors provide alerts that are associated with this service.
Each component reflects its current status. During an incident or maintenance event, the status changes to indicate one of the following states:
- Operational - normal operation and performance.
- Degraded Performance - performance is slowed, but traffic flows through the system. The service component completes its operations (e.g., completed validations, provision requests, etc.).
- Partial Outage - some operations do not complete (e.g., validations get dropped before completion).
- Major Outage - no operations complete.
- Under Maintenance - depending on the situation, indicates scheduled maintenance windows OR emergency maintenance.
During an active event, the workflow is updated regularly to indicate the current status. These statuses may include:
- Investigating - an issue has been detected, and is under investigation. Cause/fix still unknown
- Identified - issue cause has been identified. Remediation is in progress
- Monitoring - a potential fix has been applied and is in review
- Resolved - normal operation is restored
Subscribe to VIP Service status alerts, updates, and status changes by clicking the SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES link at the top-right corner of the page. Subscription options include alerts by Email, SMS text, or webhooks notifications. You can also follow the status on Twitter, visit the Symantec support site, or get a feed. Symantec strongly advises that organizations subscribe to these alerts for real-time notifications of scheduled maintenance, outages, or other VIP activities.
For more information about Symantec Status Pages, including how to unsubscribe, see Subscribing to Symantec Status.