How do I correctly change the AClient settings to all the computers in my environment?
- Open the remote agent installer.
- On the second screen, click the Change Settings button.
- Edit all the settings here to reflect what you desire them to be. Click OK.
- Click Next until you get to the Selecting Clients screen. Add one computer here (doesn't matter which computer). Click Export.
- You now have two files that were exported. Delete the .rci file.
- Copy the .inp file to a folder in your eXpress share. (Using the samples folder is a good option.)
- Create a new job Update AClient Setting.
- Add a Copy File to task
- Browse to the correct source path of the file the was created and copied to the eXpress share
- Replace the contents of the Destination path with the following:
Note: This line must be entered in exactly.
- Finish creating this task.
- Test this new job by dragging it to a computer.You can watch the aclient go inactive and then reconnect with the new settings.
- Right-click on the All Computers in the Deployment Solution console and go to Change Agent Settings > Production Agent. Change these settings to reflect the settings to match what was done in step 3.
- Drag this new job to all computers.
The advantage of using a job like this to change agent settings is so you can see which clients actually run the job and which ones do not. The problem with right-clicking all computers and changing the production agent settings is that it only runs on the agents that are connected.