To Generate a CSR in Microsoft IIS 7
- From the Start menu, go to Administrative Tools and click Internet Services Manager.
- In the left panel, click the server name where you want to generate the CSR.
- Double click Server Certificates.
- In the Actions panel on the right, click Create Certificate Request...
- Enter Distinguished Name Properties. The following characters cannot be used:
< > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?. ,
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name for the certificate. For example, www.coolexample.com. For a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk (*) in the subdomain area (e.g., *.coolexample.com).
- Organization: The legally registered name of your business. This must match the registrant of the domain name in the certificate request. Enter the requestor's name if you are enrolling as an individual, and the DBA (doing business as) name in the "Organizational Unit" field.
- Organizational Unit: Optional. If applicable, you may enter the DBA name in this field.
- City/Locality: The full name of the city where your organization is registered.
- State/Province: The full name of the state or province where your organization is registered.
- Country: Select the two-letter International Organization for Standardization- (ISO-) country code for were the organization is legally registered.
- Click Next.
- From the Cryptographic service provider menu, select Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider.
- From the Bit length menu, select 2048.
- Click Next.
- Enter a location and file name for the CSR, then click Finish.
- Open the CSR file, and copy all of the text
(include ----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST---- and ----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----).
- Paste all of the text into the online request form and complete your application.
After you submit the application, we begin vetting your request. You will receive an email with more information when this process is complete.