Starting with IT Analytics (ITA) 7.1 SP2, licenses for its report packs are no longer required. For older versions of 7.x, the following instructions describe how to install licenses for ITA reports packs. Refer to the Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2 Installation Guide starting on page 54 for additional license installation instructions.
- On the Symantec Management Platform Server, click on the Windows Start button > All Programs > Symantec > Symantec Installation Manager > Symantec Installation Manager.
- Click on "Add/Update licenses".
- Click on the "Install licenses" button.
- Navigate to where the ITA licenses are located at. Notes: (1) Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) will default to its Licenses folder. This is not the correct folder to use to install new licenses from. (2) If it is not clear where licenses are at or even if any are available, please contact the Altiris Administrator or Symantec Licensing. Symantec Licensing can be reached at (800) 342-0652.
- Click or ctrl + click to select the licenses to install.
- Click on the Open button.
- Verify the information on the install page. This should state that the selected licenses are newer than any that are already installed. If not, click on the Cancel or No button and start again from Step 4. If so, click on the Yes button. SIM will then install the new licenses. Note: This may take some time to finish and may appear that nothing is happening during processing. Do not cancel the process.
- Click on the Close button.
- Click on the "Restart services" button. Warning: Restarting the services may disrupt currently running Altiris tasks and logged in users.
- Click on the Close button again.
- Verify that the installed ITA report pack licenses meet the criteria for use by reviewing the following article. If not, additional licenses may need to be purchased.
How IT Analytics licensing works
How to install, configure and troubleshoot IT Analytics
How to install licenses for IT Analytics 6.1 report packs