This article describes how to create custom background images for the Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 Preboot login screens using
If using Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server to manage client policies, an administrator can customize the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Preboot screens to include additional text or a custom image such as an organization's logo.
Custom background images created for the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Preboot screens must meet the following specifications:
Legacy BIOS Mode:
For more information on the above specifications, see the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Policy Admin Guide.
The following is a screenshot for the customization for Symantec Endpoint Encryption Manager to create the image.
The customization screens can be configured during client creation only and cannot be deployed via policy:
This article will provide some general guidelines on how to get started creating some of these images for Preboot.
There are image editing solutions that would be best to use, however, Paint offers some very basic editing options.
This is by no means a comprehensive guide, but will get you started.
1. If you open Paint, and you have no editing options available, on the right side, look for the arrow:
2. This will open up the options to the left:
3. Next, you'll see this screen:
4. Change the image to the appropriate settings. Unfortunately, with Paint, the exact 250 X 60 resolution cannot be achieved, but this size seems to work with SEE:
5. Once you do, the image size will be the correct size of the banner for SEE:
To create a customized XPM Preboot image with GIMP
GIMP can be used to modify images to be able to create an XPM and is a freely distributed image/photo editing software that can be downloaded here .
Note: There are also online services which allow the conversion of image files to XPM format. Although these conversion services are useful, they may not guarantee the sizing and resolution requirements are fulfilled.