If you are experiencing any issues with the TDM web portal, and want more information of the most probable cause, we need to look at the log files for details. The following sections will explain in detail on how to start the DEBUG mode in the logging process. This can be very helpful to find out where things are going wrong.
The logs of all the portal services running in the background are created as soon as the portal is up and running. We use logback methodology for logging purposes. As with other logging frameworks, it also supports the following logging levels.
TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, WARN & ERROR. Out of this DEBUG mode is best suited to get as much information as possible in the log files.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf to find logback-tdm.xml file.
2. Open this file in notepad++ or Wordpad or any editor of your choice. (You may need to copy this file to another location to make any changes and replace it back in the original location once the file is edited)
3. The logger tag which can be found at the bottom of the file needs to be uncommented . Make sure name = "com.ca.tdm" and the level = "DEBUG".
Once edited it should look like:
<logger name="com.ca.tdm" level="DEBUG" />.
Make sure to save the changes to the file.
4. Stop the "CA Test Data Manager Portal" service.
5. Delete all log files under C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs or move them to another directory if they are needed so we'll get a clean set of logs only related to the test.
6. Start the "CA Test Data Manager Portal" service.and once all sub-processes have been started (TDMWeb is usually the last one to start and you can check it in the mentioned logs directory), please check the logs show DEBUG information.
7. Reproduce the problem.
8. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs and send all the files in that folder to CA Support for debugging purposes.
If you face any issues or have any questions about the steps, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/newhome or by calling customer care at http://www3.ca.com/us/support/customer-assistance.aspx.