This document will explain how to:
The ActivationWizard.exe that used to activate CA Agile Requirements Designer has been deprecated. It is still available under the installation folder, but it will no longer be used to activate Online Agile Designer licenses. The ActivationWizard has been replaced with browser activation through the CodeMeter License Central WebDepot located at http://lc.codemeter.com/70976/depot/index.php. This new license activation method is using Wibu's (a third party licensing company) own solution for handling proxy issues and reducing additional libraries by using the browser. This will reduce the number of licensing errors experienced by our users.
If you are using Agile Designer version 2.7+, please refer to this licensing documentation: Article 10819 - How to Recieve and Apply a Named User Online License for Agile Designer 2.7+
If you are using Agile Designer versions 1.8-1.9, please refer to this licensing documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/1-9/en/installing/license-ca-agile-requirements-designer
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer. Release versions 2.0-2.6.
Create a license request case:
1. Go to and login to CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome
2. In the top, left-hand corner of the screen, click the 'Menu' bar, which is an icon with three horizontal lines.
3. Click on the 'Licensing' option.
4. On the CA Licensing page, scroll to the very bottom and click on the 'Customer Care Request Form' link.
5. Fill out the following 'Account Information':
6. Fill out the following 'Details' information:
7. Click the 'Submit' button.
8. You will get a message saying "Thank you for your submission. You will receive an email with case number 'xxxxxxxx'. The CA Customer Care team will be in touch shortly." Take note of this case number.
9 Click the 'Close' button once done. A member of our customer care (licensing) team will create the offline license key you require and email you within 24 hours.
10. Once you have the onlinelicense key, follow the next set of instructions.
Apply the online license through CodeMeter in your browser:
1. You should have received either a URL or a 25 character key from the licensing team.
2. Once you have clicked on the link or entered the key, you will see an 'Available Licenses' screen. Verify that a container has been chosen under the 'Select CmContainer' drop down. It should be chosen automatically and you can leave the default selection.
3. Click on the 'Activate Selected Licenses Now' button. You should see several messages about the license being transferred and activated. When finished, you will see a license listed under 'My Licenses' in the browser.
4. You can further verify that the license was imported by going to CodeMeter Control Center. You will see the 'AgileDesigner' license in the 'License' tab with a 'License activated' status message.