An example of the use of a Remote Reference macro
This example explains how to set the configuration in order for SDM to execute the remote.bat file when new incident is opened. And the action will be updated to the event log.
1. Create "remote.bat" at C:\work folder.
2. Go to Administration tab > Service Desk > Application Data > Remote References, click "Create New" Button.
3. Create the remote reference named "zTest.cmd" as follows. Specifies the remote.bat that was created at #1.
4. Go to Administration tab > Events and Macros > Macro, and Click "Create New" button. And create and save the macro as follows.
5. Go to Administration tab > Events and Macros > Event, and Click "Create New" button. And create and save the event as follows. In the "Action Information" tab, select the "TEST" macro that was created at #4.
6. In order to check the behavior of the remote reference macro that was configured in the above, create new incident and save it.
7. When the incident was saved, the remote reference macro will be executed and the remote.txt at C:\work folder will be generated as follows.
8. On the incident detail, Click the View menu > Event History. You will see the event history that the Event was executed that is linked the remote reference macro.