- Log in as a Clarity Administrator
- Go to the CSA(NSA) via URL: http(s)://<serverhostname>:8090
- Click on the <serverhostname> Logs > Edit Configuration
- For each server, the default configuration can be set by clicking the button(Restore Default Logger Configuration)
Note: If additional component is needed that is not listed in the 'Name' dropdown menu:
- Go to the Categories section
- Click the button(Add Category)
- Add the component in the 'Other Name' column.
- Click Save.
- Do this for each additional component.
- Is there a checkmark on 'Detect Log Configuration Changes Automatically'?
If checked, service(s) do not have to be restarted.
If it is not checked, service(s) have to be restarted
If expected logging is not working:
Replace the logger.xml file:
1. Backup the file $CLARITY_HOME/config/logger.xml
2. Replace $CLARITY_HOME/config/logger.xml with $CLARITY_HOME/.setup/templates/config/logger.xml
3. Restart the services