In Microsoft Project (MSP), a project opens incorrectly with project name 'Project1' or 'Project2' and you are taken to the 'Save As' page in Microsoft Project.
Steps to Reproduce:
Expected Result: MSP opens and displays the project details (from the default view), and the file name is PR00001.mpp
Actual Result: The project opens and displays all the project details as expected. However, the file name is incorrectly shown as 'Project1' or 'Project2'. At times, the MSP 'Save As' window may open prompting to save the Project1.mpp file.
Solution 1: Save the project locally as the project ID in PPM using the steps below
1. Use Save As to save the project locally on the workstation
2. Change the file name from Project1 (or the incorrect name displayed) to the project ID listed in PPM
3. Click Save to save the file locally on the workstation
4. After saving the project locally, then save the project back to PPM
The next time you open the project from PPM, the file name will be correct
Solution 2: If on MSP2010 SP1 or lower, install SP2 (MSP 2010 is no longer supported in CA PPM 14.4 and higher)
Click the following link: Project 2010 SP2 to download Microsoft Project 2010 SP2
Solution 3: Delete the registry record associated to the project under MPPLookup
1. Click on the start menu and type in: regedit
2. Click on the Enter button to open the registry
3. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Niku\Schedulers\MPPLookup
4. On the right hand pane, select the record with the impacted project ID in the Name column, right click on it and Delete
Note: Please create a backup of the registry prior to making any registry updates or deletions.
Reference: Project 2010 SP2 to download MSP2010 SP2