CABI Dashboards do not work in the CABI WebConsole or UMP and Users do not sync.
Signed into the CABI WebConsole -> Data Sources -> Selecting the "UIM Datasource" -> Right Click, Edit -> Test Connection fails.
The "UIM JNDI Datasource" also fails to connect.
- UIM 8.51, Windows environment with Windows Authentication enabled. - All machines are running in the same DOMAIN and all services on the CABI, UIM, UIM Database servers are started with the same domain user. - Jasper Reports Server 6.3.0 - cabi_external probe v3.20 - uim_core_dashboards v2.40 - uim_unified_reporter v1.02 - uim_cabi_health_report_pack v1.20 - uim_unified_reporter_pack v1.02 - ump_cabi package v3.20 (deployed to the ump robot)
Ensure the following Datasource settings are in place:
1. Sign into the CABI WebConsole -> Data Sources -> Select the "UIM Datasource" -> Right Click, Edit
- Select the "MS SQL Server 2005 (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)" driver in the "JDBC Driver" field. - Ensure the "Host", "Port", "Database" fields are correct. - Add the same domain username/password to the "User Name" and "Password" fields. - Add the following to the end of the "URL" field: ";integratedSecurity=true" example:
2. Save the UIM Datasource update and test the connection.
In this scenario, the UIM Datasources still failed.
3. We ran a search on the CABI server and found the sqljdbc_auth.dll file in the following locations:
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\bin - CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\java\bin - CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\jre\lib
4. The sqljdbc_auth.dll file should only be in the apache-tomcat\bin directory (CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\bin)
5. Removed the sqljdbc_auth.dll from the other locations, Restarted the "CA Business Intelligence Tomcat" Service and tested the UIM Datasource connections. After this, both UIM Datasources successfully connected, the UIM out of the box dashboards loaded in both the CABI WebConsole and UMP.