In the MSP (Microsoft Project) New Driver, % Complete for a summary task changes to 0% if the child task has a resource assigned and the % Complete is >0 and <100. This issue happens when the project is exported from CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM)
Steps to Reproduce
1. In MSP, create two tasks and make the first task a summary task to the second task
2. Assign a resource to the child task
3. Update the % Complete of the child task to 50%, which updates the % complete of the summary task to 50% (Issue does not happen if you change the % Complete to 100%)
4. Save the project back to PPM (% Complete is still correct here)
5. Export the project to MSP
Expected Results: Summary task % complete still shows as 50% which matches the child task
Actual Results: Summary task % Complete is 0%
Note: If you save the project back to PPM, the % Complete of the summary task is then 0% there.
This issue is caused by: DE37753
This issues applies to the MSP New Driver for CA PPM 14.4, 15.1, 15.2, and 15.3
This issue is fixed in CA PPM 15.4 and higher.
The only workaround to keep the summary task % correct is to remove the assignment on the subtask.
Reference our PPM defect resolution policy for more details on the standard procedure by which customer reported defects are resolved
Reference KB000071385 - CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
Reference KB000015956 - CA PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index