Adding a team member to a project is very slow and can take several minutes in PPM
Article ID: 76580
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
Adding a resource to the project team takes a very long time in CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to PPM as Admin.
2. Go to Home > Project Management > Projects
3. Open any project.
4. Click on the Team tab.
5. Click Add to add a new Resource.
Expected Results: Select Resource window should come up within seconds.
Actual Results: Select Resource window comes up after 8-10 minutes.
This is caused by DE38727
Release: 451-101-15.3-Clarity-Creator User License
This has been fixed in CA PPM 15.4 and higher.
If you do still see any performance issues in 15.4 or higher:
- On Premise customers: Recommend to have the DBA check to see if there are any slow running queries, if so, rebuilding the execution plan for the query can help resolve the performance issue.
- Note: Generating a PPM Action trace while reproducing the issue can help in determining if there are any slow running queries causing the issue (see steps to enable action trace at: KB000009353)
- PPM SaaS Customerss: Contact CA Support for assistance