On the last configuration step of the PDM_EDIT utility, where you enter 'X' to save and exit, receive the error "Can't open alias_install.bat for writing".
Typically the "Can't open alias_install.bat for writing" error indicates some sort of security permission issue. This can be usually fixed by invoking the command prompt by "Run as Administrator" and then performing rest of the procedure with in that.
- Locate the shortcut for the COMMAND PROMPT (START->ALL PROGRAMS->ACCESSIORES), right click and select 'Run as Administrator'
- Type 'NXCD' to navigate directly to the NX_ROOT directory
- Navigate to the NX_ROOT\SAMPLES/PDMCONF directory
- Type 'PDM_PERL PDM_EDIT.PL' to start the PDM_EDIT utility
- Make the necessary configuration changes
- When completed, enter 'X' to save and quit. The "Can't open alias_install.bat for writing" will no longer appear.