This document will show how to install and configure IIS 8 for on Windows Server 2012 for use with CA SDM r12.9/14.1/17.x.
CA Service Desk Manager 12.9, 14.1 and 17.x
All Supported Windows Operating Systems
NOTE: If IIS is not installed on the CA SDM server initially, by default the CA SDM install will select and use Tomcat as the default web server. If at a later time IIS 8.0 is installed, run CA SDM Configuration (pdm_configure) and use the IIS web server. Please be aware that no matter which default web server is used, Tomcat will always be used for certain features, like attachments, exporting information and web services.
1. Launch the Server Manager Administrative Tool (START -> ADMISTRATIVE TOOLS) as shown in Figure 1.
2. Select LOCAL SERVER. Scroll down to the ROLES AND FEATURES section, click the TASKS drop-down list and select ADD ROLES AND FEATURES as shown in Figure 2.
3. Click NEXT on the BEFORE YOU BEGIN SCREEN.
4. Select ROLE-BASED OR FEATURE-BASED INSTALLATION and click NEXT as shown in Figure 3.
5. Select SELECT A SERVER FROM THE SERVER POOL and ensure that the local server is listed in the SERVER POOL section. Click NEXT as shown in Figure 4.
6. In the Roles selection list, select WEB SERVER (IIS). Click ADD FEATURES in the pop-up dialog that appears as shown in Figure 5 and 6.
7. From the Select Features list, select the additional IIS features required. Click NEXT as shown in Figure 7.
8. Click NEXT on the WEB SERVER ROLE (IIS) screen as shown in Figure 8.
9. In the Role Services list, select the Role Services to install for the IIS Web Server. At a minimum, select the Role Services show in the following screenshots. Once completed, click NEXT as shown in Figure 9, 10, and 11.
NOTE: Be sure to choose CGI under APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT. This option is very important since of this option is not selected, when accessing CA SDM via web browser, the web browser will attempt to open PDMWEB.EXE instead of launching.
10. On the Confirmation screen, review the selections and click INSTALL. The install will initiate. Please note that the install does take a significant amount of time to complete as shown in Figure 13 and 14, and 15.
Now when CA SDM's Configuration program is executed (pdm_configure), the IIS web server will be seen as an option to use with CA SDM r12.9/14.1/17.x.
Though not required, you may wish to configure IIS for SSL. Information on this process can be located here: