By default, when CABI runs a scheduled report, it stores the output report instance within the CABI Output File Repository Server (FRS). However, you can specify a different destination during the report scheduling configuration. If you do, CABI will store one output report instance on the Output FRS and one at the specified destination.
In order for CABI to work with destinations other than the default, the destination must be enabled and configured on all Destination Job Servers within CABI.
Perform the following to enable and configure additional destinations on the CABI Destination Job Server.
- Login to the CABI Central Management Console (CMC) with an Administrator account
- Go to the SERVERS management area of the CMC.
- Right-click on the DESTINATION JOB SERVER and select PROPERTIES.
- Click on DESTINATION.
- In the DESTINATION drop-down list, select FTP and click ADD
- Enter the appropriate information for the FTP DESTINATION:
Host - Enter your FTP host information.
Port - Enter the FTP port number (the standard FTP port is 21).
User Name - Specify a user who has the necessary rights to upload a report to the FTP server.
Password - Enter the user's password.
Account - Enter the FTP account information, if required. Account is part of the standard FTP protocol, but it is rarely implemented. Provide the appropriate account only if your FTP server requires it.
Directory - Enter the FTP directory that you want the object to be saved to. A relative path is interpreted relative to the root directory on the FTP server.
Automatically Generated - Select this option if you want CABI to generate a random file name.
Specific Name - Select this option if you want to enter a file name-you can also add a variable to the file name. To add a variable, choose a placeholder for a variable property from the list.
Add File Extension - Adds the .%EXT% extension to the specified filename. This is similar to selecting File Extension from the Add placeholder list. By adding an extension to the file name, Windows will know which program to use to open the file.
- Click SAVE & CLOSE
- Right-click on the DESTINATION JOB SERVER and select RESTART SERVER
- Repeat steps #3-#7 for other necessary CABI Job Servers (i.e. Program Job Server, Report Job Server, Desktop Intelligence Job Server)
NOTE: The same process can be followed to enable and configure other destinations (i.e. email, file system) in CABI.
NOTE: For WEBI, the WEBI Job server is called Adaptive Job Server in CABI 3.x
You will now be able to use a FTP destination when running and/or scheduling CABI reports.