In the Microsoft Project (MSP) New Driver, projects open blank or with an error: SchedLink MFC Application has stopped working if Project Server Enterprise fields are associated with the project in MSP.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Save a project to PPM with the enterprise fields linked to the project. The project will save successfully.
2. Attempt to launch the project from PPM to MSP
Expected Results: Project opens successfully.
Actual Results: Project opens blank or with an error: SchedLink MFC Application has stopped working
This is due to having Project Server Enterprise fields mapped to the project (or one of the projects in it's external dependency chain). Enterprise fields come from Project Server which is not supported.
One way to determine if this is the cause of the issue is to:
1. Open the project in the MSP Legacy driver.
2. In MSP, go to File->Organizer then click on the Fields tab.
3. For any fields showing either for Tasks or Resources, right click it and select Rename.
4. If it is an enterprise field, you will get a warning message containing: 'Enterprise fields cannot be renamed in the Organizer'.
This applies to CA PPM 14.x and higher using the MSP new driver.
1. Disable any Enterprise fields on workstations that have these fields mapped (to prevent further occurrences of the issue)
2. Run the below query to temporarily remove the project from the prdocument table. (For On Demand customers, please open a case to have this resolved):
IMPORTANT: IMPACT OF RUNNING SCRIPT:
Run the below query:
set prrecordid = ?? where prrecordid=?
and prtablename= 'PRJ_PROJECTS'
1. Replace the ? with the 5 million number of the project. For ?? change the 5 to a 9. This will create a backup of the record in the database.
2. Run the below query to ensure that there is not already a project with the ?? prrecordid:
select * from prdocument where prrecordid = ??
3. To find the 5 million number for the project, you can run the below query (or it can be found in the PPM URL when clicking on the link to the project from the project list)
select id from inv_investments where name='<project name>' and object_type = 'PROJECT'
Reference Microsoft link: Overview: Enterprise custom fields and lookup tables for further information on Project Server Enterprise Custom fields
Reference KB000071385 - CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
Reference KB000015956 - CA PPM and MSP integration known defects