Using the Infrastructure Manager, how do we clear an individual robot's niscache contents?
- Any UIM Version
1. Login to the Infrastructure Manager and navigate to/select the robot on which you want to clear the niscache.
2. Select the controller probe and press Ctrl-P which will open the probe utility.
3. Click the Options Icon - (second icon from the right)
4. Select the 'Expert Mode' checkbox, Click Ok.
5. Now, in the "Probe Commandset" select _nis_cache_clean and click the Green Arrow to send the command request to clear the niscache.
6. Now, in the "Probe Commandset" select _reset_device_id_and_restart and then click the Green Arrow to send the command request to reset the robot device id and restart the robot.
The niscache should now be clean and the robot restarted.
niscache - what it is, what it does
If for any reason you are unable to execute the operation from the IM, you can login to the robot machine directly/locally, and manually stop the robot, and delete the contents of the <nimsoft path>/nimsoft/niscache directory, and then start the robot.