After upgrading CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) from 12.x release to 14.1, CA Business Intelligence (CABI) reports with query filter prompts show strange non-printable/special characters next to the real values. How can these characters be removed?
A screen print of such behavior is as below:
<Please see attached file for image>
The Query Report Filters are used to restrict the amount of data retrieved from a data source. During upgrade of CA SDM from 12.x to 14.x release, associated ODBC drivers should have been upgraded properly. If not, the report filters might show up improperly.
The solution is to reinstall the CA SDM ODBC drivers on the CA SDM server side.
This is done by following these steps
1. Identify the CA SDM hostname being used by the universe. Refer to http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec595754.aspx for details
2. On the CA SDM server identified above, open a command prompt as Administrator (right-click on Command Prompt and select 'Run As Administrator')
copy C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services_backup
4. Towards the bottom of that file, will see couple of lines like below:
OA6_1998519985/tcp# OpenAccess 6 service CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Agent
OA6_1998719987/tcp# OpenAccess 6 service CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access
5. Comment them out by placing a # character in front of each line, so the result should look like
#OA6_1998519985/tcp# OpenAccess 6 service CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Agent
#OA6_1998719987/tcp# OpenAccess 6 service CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access
6. Save and close the file.
7. Back at the command prompt from step#3 above, run below commands
8. The above two commands should complete successfully without any errors
9. Ensure that the two CA SDM ODBC services are working by accessing Windows Control Panel -> Services and verify that the two services are running
CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access
CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Agent
10. Restart CABI's Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) by accessing CABI Server remotely and by launching Central Configuration Manager (CCM) by:
a) Click on Windows Start Menu and type: Central Configuration Manager (CCM)
b) Right-click on CCM and select 'Run as Administrator' option
c) In the CCM window, select the Server Intelligence Agent, right-click and select STOP
d) Refresh the CCM screen by selecting the refresh button
e) Once the status goes to STOPPED, right-click on the Server Intelligence Agent again and select START
11. Try the CABI reports again and verify that the query filters no longer show the special/non-printable characters
Release: SDMU0M99000-14.1-Service Desk Manager-Full License