The Load DWH job fails with error similar to this:
2015/09/28 09:28:45 - ClarityDB - isOracle? - [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12899: value too large for column "[schema]"."DWH_TME_ENTRY"."INCIDENT_NAME" (actual: 173, maximum: 150
This is due to defect
CLRT-78267 Load Datawarehouse job expects Incident Description(DWH_TME_ENTRY.INCIDENT_NAME) to be 150 characters instead of 3000 as in IMM_INCIDENTS.DESCRIPTION and fails with ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: Bulk Bind: Truncated Bind when value is exceed
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to Clarity UI, with configured Incidents and Investments
2. Go to any incident linked to an investment
3. Modify the description to be more than 150, but less than 3000 characters as per imm_incidents table limits
5. Now enter time for this incident on a timesheet, save and submit it.
6. Ensure IMM_INCIDENTS.LAST_UPDATED_DATE and PRTIMEENTRY.PRMODTIME for it is earlier than this date
SELECT DISTINCT DWH_DIM_START_DATE FROM DWH_CFG_SETTINGS
This is required because the update happens for all data prior to the Dimension start date.
7. Run Load DWH job.
Expected Results: Load DWH job to succeed.
Actual Results: Load DWH job fails with error message ERRORS DURING DIMENSION JOB EXECUTION FOR THE TABLE - DWH_TME_ENTRY (see Description for full error message)
Release: ESPCLA99000-14.2-Clarity-Extended Support Plus
This issue is resolved in CA PPM 14.3+
1. Open the PPM view DWH_TIMEENTRY_V in query analyzer tool.
2. Search for the text : INCIDENT.DESCRIPTION. Only one occurrence appears.
Replace INCIDENT.DESCRIPTION with INCIDENT.SUBJECT
3. Save and recompile the view.
4. Run the full Load DWH job