The Billing Currency Code does not save on Project create page when converting an Idea to a Project from Template with the 'Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans' box checked.
Steps to Reproduce:
A system that is enabled for multi-currency is needed.
1. Create a project template TempProject1 with any Billing Currency Code
2. Create an Idea, IdeaXYZ, with Billing Currency of USD
3. Submit the Idea for Approval, approve the Idea
4. Click on the Convert button to convert the Idea
5. On the following page select Project from Template and check the box to 'Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans' and click on Next
6. Select the project template created on step1, TempProject1, and click on Next
7. On the project create screen that comes next, fill in any required fields that are not already filled in. Also, change the Billing Currency from USD to any other currency, example ADP
8. Click on Save
Expected Results: The Billing Currency Code remains at ADP
Actual Results: The Billing Currency reverts back to USD
Environment: This applies to CA PPM 13.3, 14.1, and 14.2
Cause: This is caused by CLRT-77438
This issue is fixed in CA PPM 14.3.
Workaround: Change the Billing Currency on the Project Edit page when converting an Idea that does not have any Financial Plans. No workaround if Financial Plans exist on the Idea as Billing Currency code cannot be changed.