Ensure the resource has the correct access to approve the timesheet
Consider the following example:
ResourceA is a timesheet submitter.
ResourceB is a timesheet approver.
- In order for ResourceB to see ResourceA on the Timesheets list page, the following rights are needed:
- global(Timesheets - Navigate) to view the list page.
- instance(Resource - Enter Time) to view ResourceA on the list page
- OBS level Resource - Enter Time (for this the resources must be in the OBS)
If this right is not provided to the own user, re-add it as the error will appear and prevent users from accessing their own timesheet.
TMA-0112: You don't have sufficient rights to change the timesheet.
- In order for ResourceB to approve timesheets, the following rights are needed:
- Instance right(Resource - Approve time) for each resource or
- Global right(Timesheet - Approve All)
- OBS level Resource - Approve Time (for this the resources must be in the OBS)
Resource A must have the following set:
- Track mode = PPM
- Open for Time Entry
- Be added to a project team that is 'Open for Time Entry'
- Be assigned to task
Another option is to create a timesheet approval process. This will allow timesheets to route to the Resource Manager and they can approve the timesheet directly from an action item without having the explicit rights.
- If there is a timesheet approval process, check if the requirements are fulfilled as there are conditions that have not been met, in order for the process to start as expected.
- The user submitting the timesheet will need the instance right: Process - Start