License Installation Instructions for ALP Keys
Please locate the ca_lic directory on your machine that was created during the product install and then follow the below steps in order to complete the licensing for your CA product.
- Windows: C:\CA_LIC or C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CA_LIC
- Unix/Linux/Mac: /opt/CA/ca_lic or /opt/CA/SharedComponents/ca_lic
If the ca.olf file does exist, open it using a text editor of your choice and make the following edits:
1. Replace all lines beginning with “ID_” with the “ID_” lines indicated in the Execution Key above.
(Note: if multiple sets appear in the above Execution Key, only 1 set is needed for the ca.olf file)
2. Go to the bottom of the file and immediately following any existing “FEATURE” lines add the “FEATURE”
line from the Execution Key above. Note: Do not remove any existing “FEATURE” lines.
3. Save the edited ca.olf file into the ca_lic directory. That’s it.
Note: The “FEATURE” line may wrap to a second line on this certificate, but it must be entered on a single line with no carriage return in the ca.olf file.
If the ca.olf file does not exist please open a text editor of your choice and do the following:
1. Copy the "ID" lines along with the "Server" and "Daemon" lines and paste it into the file opened by your text editor.
(Note: If multiple "ID", "Server" or "Daemon" lines appear, only 1 set is needed for the ca.olf)
2. Copy the "FEATURE" lines that have been provided in the above Execution Key and append them directly under the "Daemon" line.
3. Save the newly created file as ca.olf in the ca_lic directory on your machine.
Note: The “FEATURE” line may wrap to a second line on this certificate, but it must be entered on a single line with no
carriage return in the ca.olf file.
Use of this ALP (Automated License Program) Key Certificate and the applicable Licensed Program is limited to the Licensee specified above, pursuant to the terms of its applicable Agreement with Broadcom. If you received this ALP Key Certificate in error, please contact Broadcom support.
Component Code Listing
Downloads and Patches