It is not possible to select current day in the date picker while on the Grid view of a custom subobject in the Modern UX while creating a new instance - the date disappears. It is possible to select a different date (e.g.: tomorrow, yesterday, etc.) then update the value to the current date.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new subobject of the Project object.
2. Create a new Date type attribute with no default values (make it 'value required').
3. Configure a Blueprint to display the subobject module in a project.
4. Open a project and access the subobject module.
5. Click on the '+' icon to create a new instance.
6. For the date field, open the date picker and select the current date (e.g.: August 24).
7. Select another attribute.
Expected Results: Current date is selected in the date attribute.
Actual Results: The date attribute is blank.
This issue has been reported to Engineering as DE62298.
Release : 15.9.3
Component : Clarity MUX UI Usability
The issue has been fixed in Clarity 16.0.0 and the fix has been backported to 15.9.3 patch #1.
Workaround: Select another date (e.g.: August 23), then the current date (e.g.: August 24).