Here are a list of tasks the patch command can help do, and what commands are used to perform those tasks.
Note: The patch command is a command line utility, you must first login to command line console (locally or through SSH) with the default admin account.
- To list patches available for this SMG version:
- To examine the release note for a patch:
- Run command "patch -p <SMG_VERSION> notes"
- (Where <SMG_VERSION> is replaced with the version and patch version of SMG i.e. 10.6.3-267)
- To download patch:
- Run command "patch -p <SMG_VERSION> download"
- To execute pre-update checks:
- Run command "patch -p <SMG_VERSION> check"
- To install patch: (NOTE: If the patch has not been previously downloaded, the patch will be downloaded as well)
- Run command "patch -p <SMG_VERSION> install"
- To verify patch application result:
- Run command "show --version"
- (NOTE: At this time there is no way to determine patch version from the Control Center web interface)
- To remove patches:
- Run command "patch remove"
- (NOTE: The patch remove command will remove ALL patches. There is no method to remove patches individually)
- To get further help on the patch command:
- Run command: "patch help"