Password guidelines for the Oracle 'protect' user
Article ID: 160157
Data Loss Prevention Enforce
Data Loss Prevention
Data Loss Prevention Oracle Standard Edition 2
Data Loss Protection Oracle Standard Edition
What characters are allowed in the Oracle Protect password?
Guidelines for an acceptable Oracle user account password:
- Passwords can not contain quotation marks.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- A password must begin with an alphabetic character.
- Passwords can contain alphanumeric characters and the underscore (_), dollar sign ($), and pound sign (#).
- However, Oracle strongly discourages you from using $ and #.
- Password may NOT contain the "@" character.