Browser Intrusion Prevention - protection via a SEP browser extension
- Chrome Browser Extension: Provides protection for HTTP and HTTPS traffic up to the latest release of Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Edge Extension: This is on the roadmap but no build targets are available at this time.
- No other SEP browser extensions at this time.
Network Intrusion Prevention - protection without a browser extension
- Intrusion Protection Engine: Provides protection for all browsers and browser versions for HTTP traffic and domain visibility level of protection for HTTPS traffic (i.e. no HTTPS data packet inspection) .
Operational Status Support - indication in SES/ICDm cloud management console of client state
- OpState support for Chrome Browser Protection was added in 14.3 RU4+ and the cloud console is able to report on the status provided by the endpoint. Versions older than 14.3 RU4 will +not+ appear in the custom filter, i.e. custom filter by "Status Reason" -- "Not found (Browser Protection for Chrome)".
- OpState support for Network Intrusion Prevention, Internet Explorer Browser Protection, and Firefox Browser Protection is available for 14.3 RU2+. Filter by "Status Reason" -- "Disabled / malfunctioning (Intrusion Prevention)".