The amount entered in Modern UX should not be reduced when there is an Act Thru date on the assignment. The ETC amount entered should be spread evenly across the period from the date of the Act Thru Date. However, the application is trying to spread the amount across the entire period and due to the business rule where there should be no ETC prior to the Act Thru date, the application is dropping that amount instead of spreading the amount evenly across the remaining working days in the period. It works correctly in Classic Clarity PPM.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Have a project that covers the month of September 2019.
2. Create a task that covers the full month of September 2-30 (Sept 2 = Monday; working day)
3. Assign a resource to the task for the full month - this will generate 168 hours of ETC for this assignment (21 working days)
4. Submit a timesheet for 40 hours during the first week of the month ( the time period spans Sept 2 - 8 )
5. After approving and posting the timesheet, the remaining ETC = 128
6. Return to the Project ASSIGNMENTS grid in Modern UX
7. Display the ACT THRU date, the TOTAL ETC, TOTAL ACTUALS and the PER-PERIOD ETC and ACTUALS
8. In the PER-PERIOD configuration use MONTHLY periods so you can see the amounts for September for this resource
It shows ETC = 128 for September as expected
It shows ACTUALS = 40 for September
It shows ACT THRU date = Sept 08 2019
9. Change the ETC from 128 to 80 for September 2019
Expected Results: The total amount for the period should show 80. It should spread the 80 hours between Sept 9 thru 30.
Actual Results: The amount saved is showing 61 (or 60.95 with 2-decimal display). Looking at the curve in Classic the date range is correct ; it shows Sept 9-30. It is attempting to spread the 80 hours into the entire month from Sept 1-30. Hence, the amount that would have been spread into Sept 1-8 is dropped due to the Act Thru date.
Release : 15.6.1
Component : CA PPM RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
This issue is under investigation as DE51007.
Workaround: Go into Classic and edit the ETC just for this one period where the ACT THRU date falls within the TSV period.