The following message is displayed while trying to install CA Spectrum 10.4:
Enabled debug on Install Anywhere
Launch the install. While the InstallAnywhere screen is displayed, hold down the <Ctrl> key. Once the progress dialog disappears release the <Ctrl> key. This should display a command shell with debug info.
This is a known anomaly in Spectrum 10.4.0 due to InstallAnywhere not supporting Windows 2016:
In the current release, GUI installation of CA Spectrum is not supported in Microsoft Windows 2016. You can do a silent installation, see the Install CA Spectrum in Silent Mode section in the SRAdmin Installation Methods page.
This is resolved in Spectrum 10.4.1 and higher. If you can install DX Netops 20.2.0 (aka 10.4.2.0) this issue will not happen.
If you must install 10.4.0 then you can use the distributed/silent installation steps as noted below.
1. Run the Visual Studio Runtime installation before you net start sradmin on Windows. From the Windows Explorer, go to <spectrum cd directory>/nt/nttools/VS2013 and run vcredist_x86.exe.
2. Open the command prompt and shift to the Program Files (x86) directory.
3. Create the SRAdmin directory by entering:
4. Run cd SRAdmin.
5. Copy the CA Spectrum Remote Administration Daemon from the installation media to the SRAdmin directory by entering:
copy <installation_media drive>\sdic\nt\sradmin.exe
6. Install the CA Spectrum Remote Administration Daemon by entering:
7. Start the CA Spectrum Remote Administration Daemon by entering:
SRAdmin Daemon is installed.
8. Create the hostargs.txt file as follow (this is an example, change the parameters as needed) and save it in the same location as the DX Spectrum installation files.
In this example, the SpectroSERVER and OneClick are installed on the same machine. The SRM (Spectrum Report Manager) was not installed.
So, in the case that this is a distributed system, with SpectroSERVERs and OneClick servers on separate machines, the setup in the hostargs.txt file would be:
a. On the OneClick server with SRM, leave the exclude_parts parameter blank:
b. To install on a OneClick server WITHOUT SRM;
c. To install on a SpectroSERVER:
9. Create the password.txt file and save it in the same location as the DX Spectrum installation files.
Here is the syntax:
hostname username password
10. Run the sdicnt.exe command line to test the hostargs.txt and password.txt files:
C:\Download\Spectrum_Jenkins_10.04.00.00.95_Windows\sdic> sdicnt.exe -h ..\hostargs.txt -p ..\password.txt -test
11. Run the sdicnt.exe command line to install the DX/CA Spectrum 10.4:
C:\Download\Spectrum_Jenkins_10.04.00.00.95_Windows\sdic> sdicnt.exe -h ..\hostargs.txt -p ..\password.txt -accept
DX Spectrum 10.4 was successfully installed.