Can custom field names in Microsoft Project (MSP) be exported as column names for projects exported from PPM?
Section 1: Steps to create the custom name in MSP:
1. In MSP, go to the Project Tab and click on the Custom Fields button
2. Click on the field you want to rename and click the Rename button
3. Enter the preferred name for the field and click OK
4. Click OK again
5. Go to File->Organizer in MSP
6. Click on the Fields tab
7. Highlight the Renamed field from the project and click Copy to move it to the Global.MPT
Section 2: To add the custom name to a project:
1. Navigate to the Organizer section in MSP
2. Click on the Fields tab
3. Move the custom names found in the Global.MPT section to the project section by highlighting all the fields under Global.MPT and clicking the Copy button
4. You'll see the column names update to the custom field names
5. Save the project back to PPM
When the project is reexported to MSP, the column headers will then retain the custom field names.