After adding the New Status Report module to a Blueprint, receive one or more of the below error messages in the New User Experience (UX) if it has a custom sub object associated.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Could not load vie
- API-1007 : You are not authorized to process request. Contact your system administrator for necessary security rights.
- Could not load the view columns
- In Classic Clarity PPM, go to Administration->Objects and Click New
- Enter required fields and select the radio button next to sub object
- Click the Browse icon next to Master Object
- Filter for Status Report, select the radio button next to it and then click ‘Add’
- Click Save and Return
- Navigate to the New User Experience
- Go to Administration->Blueprints
- Click on a Blueprint and then click Edit
- Go to the Modules section
- Move Status Report from the left hand column to the right modules pane if not there already
- Click Publish
- Navigate to a project associated with the blueprint
- Click on the Status Report tab
You are able to view the Status Report details successfullyActual Results:
Receive error ‘Could not load the view’, you may also see other errors such as ‘Could not load the view columns’ and 'API-1007 : You are not authorized to process request. Contact your system administrator for necessary security rights.' The same issue happens if you create a custom object associated to another custom object as it’s master object'.
This issue is reproducible on other objects as well outside the Status Report object. Example: If you create a custom object (IE "Sub_Object") who's parent object is the Project object, then create a sub object "Sub2_Object" to the custom object (Sub_Object"), you will see the same error if you add the custom object to Modules for a Blueprint.
Error from app-ca.logWARN 2019-02-07 10:09:09,229 [http-nio-14001-exec-12] ppm.rest (clarity:xyz:....:PPM_REST_API) User xyz tried to GET resource [resource name: views, resource id: null] but does not have permission.