Restart the BG Service
- If all processes are stuck, restarting the BG service can help resolving the issues.
- On Demand/SaaS customers, please open a case with Broadcom support for assistance on this step.
Tips for optimizing performance health of processes:
1. Delete old processes in the Done or Aborted state.
2. Retry or Abort and Delete old processes in the Error state.
See more details in the following tech tip: CA Clarity Tuesday Tips - Process Maintenance
3. If the issue is related to a single process which performs some type of data load, it might be slow because of multiple instances of the process running at the same time.
- In this scenario checking the "Do not start a new process if one is already running" flag on process definition will help.
Related KBs on process stuck issues:
Click on the link to be taken to the related KB with more details
If Broadcom support assistance is needed:
The below details that can aid support in troubleshooting stuck process issues:
- Is it just certain processes that are stuck?
- Do out of the box processes run okay?
Tip: You can check Administration-Processes->Initiated, and filter on Status of Error in case the processes are erroring versus stuck.
- If you click on the icon on the Messages column, it will give more details of the error, and sometimes give you the ability to correct the issue from there. (Example, if there's no one to assign an action item to in the process, it gives a reassign link).
- Some objects give specific details as to where the issue is located, example Timesheets.
- Do jobs appear to be running okay?
- If On Premise, please provide a copy of the bg-ca.logs and bg-system.logs for the time frame the issue occurred.
- Screen shots of the 2 below pages:
- Administration->Data Administration->Process Engine page
- On Premise customers can also run the following query and send the results:
select * from BPM_RUN_PROCESS_ENGINES order by heart_beat desc
- From the Process Engine Page, click on the link to the process engine and take a screen shot of that page as well