We are running cdm-probe in version 6.30 on several servers without issues.
On one machine we get the error. the only thing what is logged in the logfile is: "Controller: Max. restarts reached for probe 'cdm' (command = cdm.exe) "
How can we fix this?
There was a problem with the visuall C++ runtime installation.
UIM 9.2 and earlier
CDM 6.X and ealier
1) download the Visual 2010 and 2017 from the web archive:
2) import these into the archive on the primary
3) make sure they are forwarded to the distsrv on the hub for the problem robot.
4) on the problem robot do the following steps
-Manually rebuilt the windows performance counters:
- Uninstall the all visual c++ 2010 and 2017 installation from the server.
- reboot the server
- reinstall the visual c++ 2010 and 2017 packages.
5) delete CDM probe from IM and the file system
6) deploy a clean version of the probe.