Changes made to the attributes properties from the Views->Fields section of the object are not reflected on the target system but they are still honored on the Home side.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Login as Administrator
2. Create test master object
3. Create String type attribute
4. Click on Views tab and add newly created attribute to Create and Edit view
5. Click Fields and click on properties of the test attribute and check flag for Value Required and Save and Return
6. Click on Administration->Content Packages and create new package
7. Add the object you created and also add Views for create and Edit to the package.
8. Click on Package
9. Once package was created successfully click on Properties tab and save the .jar file for the Package.
10. Upload Content Package in another environment by going into Administration->Add-Ins
11. Once package and views loaded successfully into target system navigate to Administration->Objects and search for your object you uploaded
12. Navigate to Views tab and click on Fields and click on properties of the test attribute you created and notice that Value Required flag is not checked.
Expected Results: it should reflect attribute properties on the target system when changed from the Views section.
Actual Results: it does not reflect attribute properties on the target system when changed from the Views section.
Workaround: User could always set the required at attribute level before creating the package and that makes the attribute required in views as well. And the attribute level required also gets migrated successfully.
DE41695, Will Not Fix