For Gen 8.5 or 8.6, trying to consume a web services in a Gen Action Diagram via the Call External statement. However, that command statement seems to be grayed out (disabled) in the Toolset.
From the Gen r8.5 (and r8.6) documentation, it contains example steps to use the CALL EXTERNAL statement. At the end of those steps, it contains the following notes:
- If the action diagram has any statements other than NOTE statements in it, the menu option for adding a Call External statement is disabled.
- You cannot add a CALL EXTERNAL statement in an action diagram that has local or entity action views. To add a CALL EXTERNAL statement, the action diagram must only have import and export views.
- After adding a CALL EXTERNAL statement, the only statements that are allowed to be added in that action diagram are NOTEs and blank lines.
- CALL EXTERNAL statement is valid for all languages that are supported by CA Gen except COBOL.
- CALL EXTERNAL statement does not support NonStop operating system.
Here is the document reference link:
One additional note...The 'Call External...' statement will also show as disabled if you are NOT on the first line of the Action Diagram. For example if you create a new AB and add a blank line, and then attempt to add the 'Call External...' statement after the blank line, the statement will show as disabled in the Toolset. The statement must be added from the first line within the AB. This is the same for both Gen r8.5 and r8.6 releases.