Spectrum OneClick errors with HTTP 403 after upgrading to Java 1.8 Update 202 or greater
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/spectrum/oneclick.jnlp
For reasons not yet known the newer version of JRE sends out a HEAD request to the OneClick server. The HEAD method is blocked by default as Spectrum was not using this HTTP method.
Workaround for this can be implemented on the Server side or via 1 of 2 methods on the client-side.
Note: The web.xml will likely be rewritten to default spec upon upgrading, so it might be necessary to reperform the steps above after the upgrade.
1. Go into Java Control Panel
2. Click the "Settings" button under Temporary Internet Files
3. Uncheck "Keep temporary files on my computer"
4. Click Ok, and then ok again.
The console should now launch successfully.
1. Create a new directory on %SYSTEMDRIVE% (I.e. C:\java_cache)
2. Navigate to %SYSTEMDRIVE%/Users/%USERID%/AppData/LocalLow/Sun/Java/Deployment
3. Open the deployment.properties file in a text editor.
4. Add this line:
5. Save the file and exit.
6. Attempt to start the console
The console should launch.
Either option will work fine. The second option prevents downloading the Java Application each time it is launched because it will be stored locally.