Is it possible to audit individual transactions in the TRANID bypass list on a CICS facility in CA Top Secret? If yes, how?
To audit a specific transaction(s):
1. Set BYPLIST(YES). If BYPLIST(YES) is already set, leave it this way. (BYPLIST(AUDIT) will audit all the transactions in the bypass list that are owned in TSS.)
2. Remove the current transaction from the bypass list. For example, to remove transaction ABCD:
TSS MODIFY FAC(cicsxxx=BYPREM(TRANID=ABCD))
3. Add the transaction back to the bypass list with +A. For example:
TSS MODIFY FAC(cicsxxx=BYPADD(TRANID=ABCD+A))
4. Issue TSS MODIFY FAC(cicsxxx=BYPLIST) to confirm ABCD is now in the bypass list with +A.
5. Confirm transaction ABCD is owned in TSS by issuing:
TSS WHOOWNS OTRAN(ABCD)
The TSS MODIFY command is only valid until the next recycle of TSS. To make the changes permanent, add the corresponding FAC statements to the CA Top Secret parameter file:
FAC(cicsxxx=BYPREM(TRANID=ABCD)) This is only needed for transactions that are in the default bypass list.
FAC(cicsxxx=BYPADD(TRANID=ABCD+A)) If this is a site added transaction, edit the statement FAC(cicsxxx=BYPADD(TRANID=ABCD)) to include the '+A'