When opening a case with the Support team to review why Clarity is slow, please provide the following:
1. What is the exact issue with performance
2. When did the problem start to occur?
3. Is the issue intermittent or can it be reproduced at will?
4. How many users are affected?
- If only one user is reporting the issue, what action is the user taking to reproduce the issue?
- Are they accessing the URL remotely or within the office network?
- Has a browser trace been created for the affected user?
- If many users are affected, which region is affected?
5. Does a user with all administrative rights experience the issue?
6. Go to the Administration > Security and Diagnostics > Log Analysis page:
- Check if there is any issue represented by the generated graphs on these pages.
If there was any recent increased in activity around exporting to excel (particularly large amounts of data), XOG, or processes, this can cause slowness.
7. Has the issue been reviewed by the customer site network team?
Has a trace been created and analyzed by the network team?
With the assistance of the customer site network team, a network trace can be generated for analysis.
The packet trace can then be analyzed by the network team to pinpoint any potential bottlenecks or dropped packets.
Is the local network aware of any outage or bottleneck happening at a particular node or switch?
8. What page/portlets is the slow performance seen on?
For GCP/SaaS customers, the DBA team can review inactive/blocking/active sessions that are long-running and terminate/kill the sessions.
A badger report can be requested by the Support team for an analysis.
Additionally, the DBA team can verify the DB server health check and check for abnormal memory or swap usage.