The upgrade procedure changed in Datacom/AD 15.0 and is now called an Active MUF upgrade and is documented in the section
How to Perform an Active MUF Upgrade.
However, the new Active MUF Upgrade process can only be performed from the previously supported release of Datacom/AD 14.0.
This article applies only to products that are not using SQL for database management. Please review CAAXSAMP member AXPOR01, and the list of products in Instruction #7 to be sure your MUF can be upgraded this way. If your current MUF is used to support any other products than those listed, please open a support case with Datacom/AD for further assistance."
To upgrade from releases prior to 14.0 you need to use the same upgrade method as was used in prior releases, the migrate/porting process. You can upgrade directly from Datacom/AD 10.0/11.0/12.0 to Datacom/AD 15.1 using the migrate/porting process.
The procedure to upgrade to Datacom/AD 15.1 involves installing the software, then running the jobs to create a new Datacom/AD 15.1 MUF. After this you migrate/port the Broadcom using product database to the new MUF, for 12.0 you need to run job AXPOR01, for 10.0/11.0 run job AXPOR02.
Below is a summary of the steps and jobs that you need to run to install the new 15.1 MUF and do the upgrade. Steps 1 - 4 can be run while the current Datacom/AD MUF and Broadcom using products are running.
- Before starting this upgrade process, be sure that you have installed the most recent version of the software and applied all current maintenance.
- Review the Readme for CA Datacom/AD 15.1 to note any recent changes or issues.
- Run member AXCUS00 in CAAXSAMP to create the INSTJCL PDS
For details see Create the CAI.HLQ.INSTJCL Installation JCL Library
- Copy the AXPOR01 and AXPOR02 members from the CAAXSAMP into the INSTJCL PDS
- Create a new Version 15.1 MUF for Datacom/AD by following the instructions in the documentation sections
Customization and Environment Steps" and "New Installation Phase
Follow this process to create and customize each new MUF that you will need; however, the AXRIM01 job
only needs to be run once for all the MUFs that will be executed on a particular LPAR.
* Job AXRIM01 installs the PC Call routines so after you run it you need to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at
IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01 so the PC call routines get installed after every IPL.
* AXCUSNEW will prepare a new 15.1 CUSLIB to be used by the MUF that is being upgraded. It has fewer members than prior releases.
Use the Datacom/AD 15.1 provided startup options (AXDATIN1 and AXDATIN2) to start with since these are the recommended and certified default specifications.
- Then customize the 15.0 AXDATIN1 if needed. Do not use your existing 10,0 11.0, or 12.0 MUF startup SYSIN parameters.
Once you have completed the New Installation Phase, you can now follow the process in the Installation Verification Phase to confirm that the MUF is operating correctly.
- Shut down the products that use the Datacom/AD MUF you wish to upgrade, but leave the MUF running.
Important note: All of the above steps can be completed at any point prior to your migration, and will not affect your existing MUF operation.
The remaining steps should be performed on your implementation day, and require the products and existing MUF to be stopped.
- Migrate the using product database to the new MUF by running job AXPOR01 for AD 12.0 or AXPOR02 for AD 10.0/11.0.
This step will disconnect the product database from the existing MUF, and will connect the database files to the new Version 15.1 MUF.
As there is no data conversion being performed, the existing files will be used as is. If you are upgrading the MUF to Version 15.1 from 12.0, use INSTJCL member AXPOR01; if you are upgrading from 11.0 or 10.0, use member AXPOR02. These members were manually copied into INSTJCL in Step 3 above.
These jobs are designed to migrate one database at a time, and you will need to run this for each database being migrated into the
Version 15.1 MUF.
- Update the STEPLIB in the JCL for each product being migrated to use the Version 15.1 CUSLIB and CAAXLOAD.
Please note: Some products might require changes to the TSO logon proc if the Datacom/AD loadlibs are used there.
Once the JCL has been changed, you can now start the product and perform confirmation testing with the Version 15.1 database.
If you have not already done so, update your CAS9 or CAIRIM process on each LPAR where Datacom/AD work will be executed.
Add the PARMLIB input statements from this job into the CAS9/CAIRIM PARMLIB dataset. No other JCL changes are needed.