Steps to Reproduce:
- In the New User Experience (UX) in Clarity PPM, a task no longer appears on future timesheets when 'Add assigned tasks' within Timesheet is selected, after resource proposes 0 (zero) ETCs on a previous timesheet
- However, the task is still assigned with ETCs.
- The user can click the Add button to add the task but it's expected it should show by default, since the manager hasn't yet approved the 0 ETC.
- This can also impact whether the 'Add Assigned Tasks' button shows when creating a timesheet if no other tasks meet the requirement for the button to appear
1. Create a project (open for time, track mode PPM)
2. Add a resource to the project (open for time, track mode PPM)
3. Create 2 new tasks (Task1 and Task2) on the project and assign the resource added in step 2 with ETCs on both tasks of 8
4. Log in as the resource that was added to the project
5. Navigate to the user’s current timesheet in the New UX (In this example Oct 15 – Oct 21)
6. Add both tasks created in step 3 to the user’s timesheet (if not there already)
7. For the first task (Task1), manually change the ETC under the ETC column from 8.00, to 0
- Important: The issue does not occur if you make the ETCs for the task 0 by submitting 8 hours of work, so make sure to change the ETC in the ETC column to 0 in reproducing
8. Click 'Submit'
9. Go to the next period’s timesheet (in this example Oct 22 – Oct 28)
10. In the window that appears to populate the timesheet:
- Uncheck ‘Copy previous timesheet (Oct 15 – Oct 21)’
- Check the check box next to ‘Add assigned tasks’
- Then, click the ‘Create Timesheet’ button
Task1 still appears on the timesheet Actual Results:
Task1 does not appear on the timesheet (Task2 still does since the ETC wasn't changed to 0).
- As mentioned in the steps to reproduce, the issue does not happen if the user submits the amount of actuals that equals the ETC, so if the user submits 8 hours of work for Task1 which changes the ETC column to 0, the task will show up in the next timesheet when 'Add assigned tasks' is checked
- The same issue is observed in Classic PPM Timeseheets if Timesheet options are set in Administration to have 'Populate assigned tasks' checked and 'Copy time entries from previous timesheet' unchecked