This document will explain how to:
For Agile Designer versions 2.7 and above we have developed an easy to use License Activation Wizard for applying all types of licenses. You will first need to fill out a license request form on CA Support Online so that the license can be created for your machine based off of your license contract. Once you receive the new license, you will need to launch the License Activation wizard and apply it through there.
If you are using Agile Designer versions 2.0-2.6, please refer to this licensing documentation: Article 9734 - How to Receive and Apply an Online License for Agile Designer 2.0-2.6
If you are using Agile Designer versions 1.8-1.9, please refer to this licensing documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/1-9/en/installing/license-ca-agile-requirements-designer
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer 2.7+
Fill out license request form:
2. In the top, left-hand corner of the screen, click the 'Menu' bar, which is an icon with three horizontal lines.
3. Click on the 'Licensing' option
4. On the CA Licensing page, scroll to the very bottom and click on the 'Customer Care Request Form' link.
5. Fill out the following 'Account Information':
7. Click the 'Submit' button.
8. You will get a message saying "Thank you for your submission. You will receive an email with case number 'xxxxxxxx'. The CA Customer Care team will be in touch shortly." Take note of this case number.
9. Click the 'Close' button once done. A member of our customer care (licensing) team will create the offline license key you require and email you within 24 hours.
10. Once you have the online license key, follow the next set of instructions.
Apply the online license through the License Activation wizard:
2. Choose the radio button for 'Named' licenses and click the 'Next' button.
3. Choose the radio button for 'Online activation' and click the 'Next' button.
4. Enter in your activation key and click the 'Next' button. It will be either a 25 alphanumberic key or a URL like this: http://lc.codemeter.com/70976/depot/get.php?id=ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMN2-PQ456-XYZ77.
5. You should receive a message saying 'Confirmation of License Activation' and 'You have successfully activated your license'. Check the box to launch ARD and click the 'Finish' button.
6. If ARD is launched without error, then the license has been successfully activated. You can view your license information by going to the 'Help' tab and click on the 'Licence Information' icon.
If you experience any further licensing issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/us.html or calling one of these numbers https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html#numbers.